Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Fourth of July weekend was fun. We had a hard workout on Friday, but it went really well. Saturday also went well, and after our practice all of us had a BBQ at the OTC pool. The weather held out, and it turned out to be a great day. There were a lot of athletes from other sports out there too, so it was cool to hang out together. Next Sunday everyone gets into Colorado for our Olympic Camp. It is going to be an intense week of training and competition. Right now, my body is feeling good and I am ready for the week. This week I will be doing routines on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and treat it like a competition week. We have a junior national team camp that just got in today, so the gym is going to be really busy. Luckily, I am in good shape right now so I don't need to spend too much time in the gym...it's all about being efficient and minimizing pounding on my body. My shoulder is feeling better each day, and it really hasn't been an issue for me in the gym. The pain is tolerable, and to be honest it would have to take a lot more for me to stop training right now. I am excited to see all the guys next week and train together. This will be our first time together as a team. I know I am an alternate right now, but I still feel like part of the team. I am preparing to help out in any way I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, I wish you the best! Keep that shoulder in great shape because you will need it in the Olympics!