Saturday, July 26, 2008

Four Days Away

It's just about here. Opening ceremonies are in less than two weeks! Yesterday was my last day of routines before I leave. I did one on six, and it went great. It's always nice to get that final big day out of the way before leaving for a competition. I will be leaving Colorado Springs Wednesday, and meeting up with everybody in San Francisco. We'll all be on the same flight over to Beijing which should be fun. The last few days, I have been doing a ton of stuff to get ready. Getting my Chinese visa has been more of a hassle than I was expecting. I am also trying to figure out what apparel I will be taking to China. We got a ton of new Adidas stuff to take with us, but we are making sure to be smart about how much we take. I doubt it will be necessary to take heavy sweats to China where the weather is going to be pretty hot. I was in Beijing for the Olympic Test Event in December, but I think it will be slightly different this time around. I also got my new IPhone yesterday! My sponsor, AT&T, hooked me up with the new 3G, and it is awesome. Having that in China is going to be a nice way to keep my mind occupied. The new App Store has some really cool stuff, that are pretty useful. I got this one program that translates useful phrases from English to Chinese. I have been brushing up on my Chinese, so hopefully I'll be able to communicate with some of the locals. I still have some stuff I need to do before I leave so the next few days are still going to be pretty hectic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! It's great to hear that training has been going so well! Best of luck to you and all the guys in Beijing! Love to get all the updates here on your blog!
-Dee Jewett

jamberto said...

Got to sit down and read through your blog buddy. Nate and I are heading out to Beijing as well. We're proud of you being a part of it. We'll see you out there!

Gina said...

Enjoy Beijing! I wish you all the best out there, Dave!

GO USA!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ni hao Dave!!! Nihaoma? okay thats in for my Chinese!! Good-luck in China, can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sad I miss it by a week. Everyone here is sooo proud of you!!

Kelly Dunn