Monday, June 30, 2008

Back To Training

So, I finally made it back to Colorado Springs after an interesting flight from Philadelphia. After Trials some guys from my team, Yewki Tomita, Joey Hagerty, and Todd Thornton all came to my beach house on the Jersey Shore to hang out for a couple days. We had a great time in Belmar and it was nice to relax for a couple days before we picked up training again. For the rest of the week we were at International Gymnastics Camp in Pennsylvania. It was a fun few days and it gave me a chance to slowly get back into training. The trip home ended up being a two day ordeal, and it included a unexpected stop in Nashville for a few hours, a sick passenger who threw up a couple rows from me, and a night sleeping on the floor of the Dallas Airport. It was not the best travel day, but I am glad to finally be back in Colorado. Today was my first practice at home since trials, and my body feels pretty good. My shoulder is still a little sore after it subluxed on the first night on competition at Trials, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. Other than that I am just getting ready for the Olympic Camp in two weeks. As alternate, I still have to be as prepared as any of the guys that will be competing. I am going to be training as hard as ever to make sure that if they need me I will be ready to go.

1 comment:

Kat Horner said...

so, i've been reading about your adventures for a few weeks now and this is my first comment - unaware even if you pay attention to all your support! hopefully, as i'm sure it is a HUGE encouragement!

just wanted to say hello! been fun to watch on tv and then to read about your experiences! what a blessing and encouragement your writings have been, i'm certain, to many of us who are merely ooohing and ahhhing over your performance!

you have made us proud!!!!

if you're ever stuck in dallas again ... guest room is all yours

God bless