Saturday, July 19, 2008

Big Day at the OTC

It is definitely nice to finally be done with this part of the process. We had the final preparation competition today, and it went awesome. I have to say that the crowd was unbelievable. For those of you who came to watch today, I want to say thank you. The support you showed for the entire USA Men's Olympic Team was way beyond what I was expecting. I really have never seen so many people packed into that gym for a meet. We got to walk out in our new Olympic uniforms, which are sweet. A few of us picked out six uniforms to use at the Games and we tested out the one we will wear during Team Finals. We started on rings today, and I felt strong again. I think the routine went better than the first day and I stuck my dismount, which is always nice. I went through all the other events with confidence today and I was able to hit six for six. We finished on pommels, and again I hit a solid routine which felt great. It very well could have been the last routine I do with a USA uniform on, so to hit on an event that probably cost me a spot on the team at Trials was very rewarding. I know I am capable of hitting this way consistently. Before the competition we had a team goal of hitting 80% of our routines today...we ended up hitting 88%! There were still a couple minor mistakes, but overall we are looking great. I am so proud to be part of this group. We are only going to build from here and in Beijing we are going to do great things. The MPC just told us a little while ago that they are taking all three alternates to China. We have become a very close group and to have all 9 of us there is fantastic. I am excited to get there and do everything I can to help the team. Again, thank you to everyone that came out today. It was an awesome day for USA Men's Gymnastics and I know the other guys appreciate the support as much as I do.

1 comment:

NJ Anderson said...

You guys were awesome! What an experience for my boys. That's great that you all get to go to China!! Best of luck to all of you!