Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to America

Well, its come to an end. I can’t believe my year in Italy is already over. The year has been more than anything I could have imagined. Here are a few numbers from the year:
-4 continents
-11 countries
-32 cities
-100,000km traveled
-1 blown out knee and surgery


I spent my last two weeks in Pietracupa. If you’ve been following along this year, than you’ve already read all about this place. This was my first time back (during the month of August) in six years. The place is as amazing as ever. I’m seriously looking for a house out there so I can have a place of my own when I go back. If I was to list my top ten favorite spots in the world, where I feel the most at home and relaxed, it would be something like this, in no particular order...

-My porch at my beach house in Belmar
-The gymnastics gym at Stanford
...and then the other 8 would be in Pietracupa.

It’s pretty incredible considering the town so tiny. It just has a tranquility that is difficult to find in other places. I miss it already.

My year abroad was a trip of a lifetime. I am grateful that I had such an opportunity and it was much more difficult to leave than I was anticipating. The first three months were an adjustment period where I didn’t think I could live my life in Italy. From that point on, I became accustomed to the lifestyle and I enjoyed it...very much. Everything was made easier by my incredible family. They were there whenever I needed them. I can’t thank them enough and I can’t wait until I see them again. Hopefully very soon.

Now it’s time begin the next chapter of my life. I don’t know what that will entail yet, but I’m excited and a little anxious to get it started. My plans are to be in either NY or California, so that is where I’ll be looking for a job. If anyone has any openings I might be good for, let me know...haha!

Thank you all for following along this year and who knows, if I get bored I might just pick up and go on another adventure...stay tuned.

No comments: