Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bella Roma

So I've started up my blog again...only it's a little different this time. I'm no longer blogging about my training, but rather about my adventures as I travel over the next year. I recently moved to Rome and I've been getting used to my new life abroad. I have duel citizenship with Italy and I still have many relatives that live in Rome. The last week has been great...busy, but great. I've been getting all my paperwork in order(Italian version of social security number, new cell phone number, setting up a bank account, etc.).

I've also been going to a gym each day to work out. Not gymnastics, just cardio and weight type stuff. The gym is called OLYMPIA EUR (EUR is a area of Rome). It's one of the nicest gyms I've ever seen. Along with the normal cardio machines and weights, it also has an awesome spa with a sauna, hot and cold plunge, waterfall baths, and a bunch of other stuff. It might be a little too high class for me...the business card of the gym says "Only for Gorgeous People." HAHA!! I'm surprised they let me in!!

So far the Italian people have been great. They do have some interesting habits though. I'll explain a little more with future later entries, and I'll include some pics. In the meantime, feel free to leave me questions that you'd like answered or even places that you'd like to know more about and I'll do my best to go check them out.

Ciao,
Dave

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are settling in, Luca is pretty excited you are in the mother land!!!

Anonymous said...

Ciao Bello!
Keep the posts coming!
Dana